Thursday, July 12, 2007

This is me....

Hi classmates~

I am a 23-year-old clinical psychology student here at Fuller Pasadena, just beginning my third year of SIX in this program.

I am from Oklahoma, specifically Edmond, which is just north of Oklahoma City, but I have lived all over the world. I live in Fuller housing in Pasadena, sharing a one-bedroom apartment with a woman in my cohort, which, I believe, is a new and radical definition of community ;). My life is full of people, so it is messy and chaotic, but also very rich.

I come from an independent Baptist background, which, in Oklahoma, is a bit suspect, since the majority of churchgoers attend either Southern Baptist or some form of charismatic congregation. My church was rocked by the radical ideas of grace and acceptance when I was in junior high (thank you, Brennan Manning) and has remained an incredibly non-judgmental and safe haven for me to return to when I get the chance to go home. The theology in my background was conservative, and the heart of my background was gracious.

Through these blogs, I hope to get to know you all better. I also hope to gain some new insights into how God is working in his usual diversity of ways in all of your lives. I hope this discussion is alive and gracious!

No comments: